Big Changes Corn stalks to Palm Trees

Day by day, week by week my depression seems to be easing up. I have my bad days and my good days but at this point my good days are starting to far outweigh the bad.

Someone once told me that you need to change something in your life to change your luck. Normally I would just change my hair, well that hasn't been working for me, and to add to that I really like my current hair, though I may change the color.

My husband is from a little town that many people have driven through that most probably didn't even realize called Lake Mary. It is situated between the Sanford-Orlando airport and I-4, the major highway in Florida that cuts through Orlando, passes right by Seaworld and on to Disney then over to Tampa.

One day Scott walks in the door and declares "I am taking our son and moving to Florida, you can come with or stay here and freeze, I would really prefer you to come with us."

At first my mind filled with thoughts of divorce and custody battles. After a couple of days I realized Just how RIDICULOUS of a thought that was! I am so very madly in love with this man, would I really allow my personal feelings and scars from my previous time in Florida rip my marriage apart? 

Of course not! So I changed my way of thinking. Instead of scratching open these scars and dwelling on the negative I decided to focus on the Good things that I encountered in Florida. Manatees, Dolphins, sun, sand, warm weather, swim suits...

SWIM SUITS?! Oh Crap! Here I am 14 months Post Pardum and I gained 20 lbs since the birth of my son! This will Never do! I don't mind the stretch marks, I grew a person in there! But I Do mind the extra flub that has accumulated as a result of not eating enough thus forcing my body into starvation mode! Plus I haven't lifted a finger to try to loose the weight.

So I start eating more, and better. I download an app that "Garantees" results in 30 days, get the abs you want in 30 days! While I am not expecting to get the abs I want in 30 days, I know that having a good strong core is a wonderful start to my key to success. My son did a number on my abs while he was growing in there.

Fast forward a week. I have struggled through my first week of this ab workout. Worse than I thought! Crud! So I enlist my husband to do the workout with me! He is an amazing support system and can help me through anything right?

Fast forward a month. Every time I bring it up that we should do the ab workout he has reasons why he doesn't want to so I haven't done it since that first week. That doesn't work for me, Spring is getting closer and I still don't have a strong core! So Yesterday I started it over, by myself.

This time though day 1 wasn't as much of a struggle. Maybe this time I can make it through the first week and feel good about myself.

As I am struggling with trying to work out and bringing up my self image, I start looking at homes down there. We have decided to try to buy a home. This brings us to our next road block. Credit.

Our credit is in the 500s. Not HORRIBLE but not good or even fair. So how do we raise our credit scores? Step 1 pay off credit card debt.  Ok done, we don't have any, we don't even have credit cards! Step 2 build your payment history. Um... How do I do that without a loan or credit card? My credit is at that point where I can't get a loan really and I don't want a credit card. Step 3 get a mortgage. Um wait WHAT?! I don't have credit cards, I don't WANT a credit card and I don't Want a loan.

So sounds like I am going to be getting a credit card and exploring options on how to raise credit scores in the upcoming months. I am meeting with a credit advisor this week.

Ok so I am getting our credit in check, I am working on getting my body in check. My family and our friends have found out that we are planning on moving. This brings up another interesting glitch. We have friends that want to come with and friends and family that are heartbroken that we are leaving.

So we have decided that we are going to rent a Uhaul and when the time gets closer we will decide what size to get based on who all is going and how much stuff we are going to have to take down. Right now it's 3 adults, 1 toddler, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a rat. That number could go up to 6 adults, 1 toddler, 5 dogs, 5 cats, and a rat if everyone that is interested in coming decides to join. That will be a logistical nightmare!

My family is heartbroken because we are taking James away from them. We have made it a point to assure them that we will bring him back one week a year, either Thanksgiving or Christmas, but I know that going from seeing him anywhere from a few times a week - a couple times a month to just one or two weeks a year will still be hard. I need to teach the family how to video chat and I need to remember to take more pictures.

Then the other thing I got going on is that I have a Job interview with Rockwell Collins coming up this week. While they do have plants in Orlando Florida I'm not sure what they do or if I can transfer or if I can, when I could transfer so that may end up putting a huge wrench into this entire plan of moving to Florida!  We will just have to see how that turns out.

So the next several months will be interesting! I am going to try to blog more while we go through all of this.

Be kind to one another and do what you can to make the world a better place

Comments

  1. credit raising, as told to me by a bank that wanted to give me a mortgage. Go buy something for a couple of hundred on credit, then the next day go pay it off. Shows that you had credit and paid it off, worked for me over here

    ReplyDelete
  2. apart from that (credit scoring) your move.... hope it works out great for you....I'm sure there is countryside down there too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment